The Department is happy to announce that we will return to hosting our annual MBP Retreat from Monday, September 18 to Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at Campfire Circle Muskoka.
The venue is located on a beautiful site in the heart of the Muskoka’s, approximately 2.5 h North of Toronto. The Department will be providing buses to and from the event. There is a slide show at the bottom of the Campfire Circle webpage that showcases the venue and amenities.
The event program will be shared shortly, but it will be similar to past in-person retreats, featuring talks from MBP Faculty and students, social activities, a rotations market for incoming students to engage with recruiting MBP Faculty, and more.
More information is available below.
The MBP Retreat has evolved into a great way for students and faculty in Medical Biophysics to meet and learn about their research programs in a relaxed and bucolic setting.
The retreat program features:
- Keynote address from a prominent scientist in the field of Medical Biophysics
- Scientific seminars presented by faculty and students
- 'Faculty rotations market' to assist new MBP students with securing labs for the second and third rotation
- Departmental meeting with Q and A session.
- MBP award banquet
- Generous time to network, socialize and enjoy all the recreational activities Campfire Circle has to offer
The cost of the retreat is fully covered by the Department. Please note that students who register are required to attend the entire program. Those who choose not to attend the entire program will be charged the full cost of their accommodation.
Download the event schedule. (coming soon)
The event will be hosted at Campfire Circle Muskoka, located on Lily Lake, about a 2.5h drive from Toronto.
Campfire Circle Muskoka
A registration link will be sent to MBP students and faculty shortly.
Transportation information will be sent to all participants via email.