Requirements and Deadline
The Summer Student program is open to all university undergraduate students in their first, second or third year of study. Co-op students in their 4th (out of 5) years are also encouraged to apply.
Requirements for successful applicants:
- A strong record of academic achievement and a demonstrated interest in scientific research.
- A minimum required average of least B+ for all university courses completed to date.
- Being legally entitled to work in Canada.
Only the most talented and promising students are selected for interviews with prospective supervisors and approximately 50 students are admitted into the program each summer.
To apply to the Summer Student Program, you will need to submit:
- The MBP Summer Student online application
- Undergraduate transcripts from all institutions attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the online application. Students who are hired will be asked to send hard copies of their official transcripts to the MBP office.
- Two online references.
The deadline for submission of applications and all supporting documentation to the 2023 Summer Student Program, was Monday, January 30, 2023.
The application portal is now closed until Fall 2023.