Requirements and Deadline
The Summer Student program is open to all university undergraduate students in their first, second or third year of study. Co-op students in their 4th (out of 5) years are also encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants have:
- A strong record of academic achievement and a demonstrated interest in scientific research.
- A minimum required average of least B+ for all university courses completed to date.
Only the most talented and promising students are selected for interviews with prospective supervisors and approximately 50 students are admitted into the program each summer.
To apply to the Summer Student Program, you will need to submit:
- The MBP Summer Student online application* (*Note: The Applicant Portal for the 2019 MBP Summer Student Program is now closed. Applications for Summer 2020 will open in December 2019.)
- Undergraduate transcripts from all institutions attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the online application. Students who are hired will be asked to send hard copies of their official transcripts to the MBP office.
- Two online references.
All complete applications (including the online application form, two online references, and transcripts) for the summer of 2020 must be received by:
- Mid-January, 2020. Specific deadline date to be set in Fall 2019. Applications for the 2020 Summer Student Program will open in early December, 2019.