Course Modules for non-MBP students
Non-MBP students who wish to take an MBP module for credit are required to enrol in 2 MBP modules, the equivalent of 0.5 credit. Below are the list of course module for 2017-2018. Click here for the complete 2017-2018 Course Module Booklet.
- Medical Device Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Thur. Sept 7 – Dec 14)*
- Scientific Exposition & Ethics (Fri. Sept 15 – Oct 27)
- Introductory Biostatistics (Mon. Nov 6 – Dec 18)
- Biostatistics II: Data Science (Mon. Jan 8 – Feb 19)
- Tumour Microenvironment (Thur. Sept 14 – Oct 26)
- Radiation Biology and DNA Repair (Mon. Oct 30 – Dec 11)
- Epigenetics (Thur. Nov 2 – Dec 14)
- Development, Stem Cells and Cancer (Mon. Jan 8 – Feb 19)
- Cancer Immunotherapy (Thur. Mar 1 – Apr 19)
- Clinical & Experimental Radiobiology I & II (Mon. Apr. 9 – Apr. 13, inclusive full day. Equivalent to 2 modules)
- Overview of Medical Imaging (Wed. Sept 13 – Oct. 25)
- Biophysics of Focused Ultrasound (Tue. Nov 7 – Dec 19)
- Advanced Magnetic Resonance imaging (Wed. Nov 8 – Dec 20)
- Introduction to Bio-Microscopies (Tue. Jan 9 – Feb 20)
- Ultrasound Overview (Wed. Jan 10 – Feb 21)
- Biological Imaging (Thur. Jan 11 – Feb 22)
- Advanced Ultrasound (Wed. Feb 28 – Apr. 18)
- Cell Biology for Physical Scientists (Spring 2018)
- Clinical Imaging for Physical Scientists (Mon. Mar. 5 – Apr. 23)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging – Overview (Tues. Mar 6 - Apr 24)
- Biophotonics (Fri. Mar. 9 – Apr 27)
To sign-up for MBP modules, please complete the Module Selection form via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VXK9L8Z. If students wish to complete two modules for half a credit and receive a grade on the U of T transcript, please also complete an Add/Drop form to enroll in MBP1102H Modules in Medical Biophysics II and scan the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawing from a Module
Students can withdraw from a module up until the end of the 3rd class or as long as no more than 50% of the module has been completed. While many instructors and programs consider it best practice to provide students with an interim evaluation of their performance in the course prior to the drop date, this is not a requirement for graduate courses (as per the University Assessment and Grading Practices Policy 2012).
*Students who are interested in either auditing or taking “Medical Device Innovations & Entrepreneurship” for credit are also required to register at https://mdie2017.eventbrite.com.